Cloud Agent Group
A Jitterbit Cloud Agent Group consists of a set of Jitterbit Harmony Agents maintained and managed by Jitterbit. This option allows you to run all of your integrations in the cloud with a scalable, multi-tenant, fault-tolerant clustered Agent Group.
Two Cloud Agent Groups are available:
- Production Cloud Agent Group: This group is available with a version of the Jitterbit Harmony Agent that is fully tested and ready for production.
- Sandbox Cloud Agent Group: This group is always the next version of the Jitterbit Harmony Agent, to which the Production Cloud Agent Group will next be upgraded. (Typically, it is the version of the Private Agent included in the latest Harmony Platform release at time of the Sandbox Cloud Agent Group update.)
The Sandbox Cloud Agent Group is available for testing your projects with a new version of Jitterbit Harmony to ensure that you are ready for the next upgrade of the Production Cloud Agent Group. It is not intended as a test environment for your projects prior to "go-live"—that's what a Harmony environment is for—as projects in the Sandbox Cloud Agent, if they use a new feature introduced in that specific version, cannot be moved to the Production Agent Group until the Production Cloud Agent is upgraded to the same version.
Configuration of Cloud Agent Groups
Cloud Agents are configured using the default settings for a Harmony Private Agent with these differences:
- Windows OS authentication for databases is not allowed.
- Key-based SSH login is not allowed.
- Only JDBC drivers are supported. ODBC driver access is not allowed.
- Debug logging is not allowed.
- For security, logs from agents in a Cloud Agent Group are removed as soon as they are no longer required for an operation to execute properly. Though a download link may show in the Management Console, you will receive an error message if you attempt to download using that link.
- The temp storage size limit is 50 GB per file for version 10.10 or higher Cloud Agents.
- All temp files are cleaned up very quickly; you cannot rely that they are present after an operation runs.
- By default, using local files as sources or targets is disabled and they cannot be used on Cloud Agents.
- A project is limited to 8 running operations per agent at any time.
- The maximum time an operation can run (
MaxOperationRuntimeSeconds) is set at 21600 seconds (6 hours).
- A limited group of Jitterbit plugins are available for use on Cloud Agents.
- The Design Studio QuickBooks OAuth 2.0 Connector is not supported on Cloud Agent Groups. Instead, you must use a Private Agent.
If this configuration does not meet your project requirements, you should use a Private Agent.Upgrade Schedule
This is the approximate schedule for upgrading the Harmony Cloud Agent Groups:
- A new version of the Harmony Private Agent is released approximately every 15 days.
- As of Harmony version 10.4, the Sandbox Cloud Agent Group is updated to the latest available Harmony Agent at the time of each Harmony release. Approximately every 30 days, the Production Cloud Agent Group is updated to the version released 30 days prior.
- Upgrades of Sandbox Cloud Agent Groups take up to four hours to complete. Upgrades of Production Cloud Agent Groups take up to six hours to complete.
- For both Cloud Agent Groups, we will apply updates for known critical defects as necessary. Though we will give advance notice if possible, there can be circumstances where a fix is of such urgency that advance notice is not possible. In all cases, notices will be posted on our status site at https://trust.jitterbit.com.
- You can update your notification preferences for email and text message at https://trust.jitterbit.com.
- Release notes for the Cloud Agent Groups are documented on the Announcements > Harmony > Cloud Agent Groups page.