The Portal page allows you to access and use the generated interactive OpenAPI 2.0 documentation to test Custom and Proxy APIs. The Portal page is managed from the Portal Manager page.
The Portal page can be accessed either through the API Manager application or through a direct link by those with sufficient organization permissions and environment access.
Accessing the Portal Page
Before you can access the Portal page, these criteria must be met:
- For each API whose documentation becomes accessible from the Portal page, an organization role that has been granted a minimum of Read access in an environment must be selected in the API configuration (see Step 3: Assign User Roles and Security Profiles in API Creation and Configuration).
- The API documentation must have previously been generated and published through the Portal Manager page.
The Portal page can be accessed from the Harmony Portal menu, or from other pages within API Manager:
- From the Home or Downloads pages, or from the Cloud Studio, Marketplace, Management Console, or Citizen Integrator applications, use the Harmony Portal menu in the top left to go to API Manager > Portal:
- From the My APIs, Portal Manager, API Logs, or Analytics, or Security Profiles pages, use the dropdown to select Portal:
In addition to access through the API Manager application, members who have both ApiConsumer permission in an organization and a minimum of Read access in an environment (see Jitterbit Harmony Permissions and Access) can access the Portal page through a direct link.
To obtain the direct link to provide to a member who has the required permission and access level, do one of these:
- Go to the Portal page and copy its URL.
- From the Portal Manager page, copy the link to View API Documentation:
When accessing the direct link to the Portal, if users are not already logged in, they are presented with a generic login page that is separate from the Harmony Portal login page:
Though the login page looks different from that shown for the Harmony Portal, the required credentials are the same as those used to log in to the Harmony Portal.
After logging in, the Portal page is displayed. The Portal page displays OpenAPI 2.0 documentation generated from the Portal Manager page and allows you to test Custom and Proxy APIs.
You can use the interactive documentation to test Custom and Proxy API calls in order to validate that they are working properly.
- No labels