A JMS Poll activity allows receiving of one or more messages from a JMS queue for Jitterbit operation processing. When running multiple Jitterbit Private Agents performing poll activities on the same JMS Queue, the messages will be delivered in a round-robin fashion. This activity can be put on a scheduler.
- Queue Name: The name of the queue to receive the messages from. The queue name supports the use of project and global variables in its definition, allowing for dynamic configuration of the activity.
- Message Type: Supports TEXT and BYTE message types. Default type is TEXT. For messages of the BYTE type, you need to apply the Jitterbit function
Base64Decode()on the message payload in the Response Transformation.
For example, to write a message body after decoding to a file with the file name
For decoding text data stored as a byte array in a JMS queue:
- Message Selector: An expression used to filter the messages, by header field and property references. It cannot reference message body values. The syntax is based on a subset of the SQL92 conditional expression syntax. If the value of a message selector is an empty string, the value is treated as a null and indicates that there is no message selector for the message consumer. The message selector supports the use of project and global variables in its definition, allowing for dynamic configuration of the activity.
- Messages To Receive: Number of messages to browse from the queue. A value of zero (0) will retrieve all messages from the queue (one at a time). Received messages are removed from the queue. Default: 1.
- Receive Timeout (ms): The timeout (in milliseconds) for the Receive activity. This call blocks until either a message arrives, the timeout expires, or this message consumer is closed. A timeout of zero never expires, in which case the call blocks indefinitely. Default: 30000 ms.
- Transacted Session: Allows creating of a transacted session, where the acknowledgment is sent when the session is committed. Default is TRUE.
- Acknowledge Mode: Supports either AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE or DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE mode when the Transacted Session is set to FALSE.
[variable]notation enclosed within brackets. See Global Variables.