A JMS Listen activity allows listening on a queue for messages. Messages are received by the JMS Listen activity asynchronously. A new message is only received once the processing of any prior message completes.
- Queue Name: The name of the queue to receive the messages from asynchronously. The queue name supports the use of project and global variables in its definition, allowing for dynamic configuration of the activity.
- Message Type: Supports TEXT and BYTE message types. Default type is TEXT. For messages of the BYTE type, you need to apply the Jitterbit function
Base64Decode()on the message payload in the Response Transformation.
For example, to write a message body to a file after decoding with the file name
For decoding text data stored as a byte array in a JMS queue:
- Message Selector: An expression used to filter the messages, by header field and property references. It cannot reference message body values. The syntax is based on a subset of the SQL92 conditional expression syntax. If the value of a message selector is an empty string, the value is treated as a null and indicates that there is no message selector for the message consumer. The message selector supports the use of project and global variables in its definition, allowing for dynamic configuration of the activity.
- Transacted Session: Allows creating of a transacted session, where the acknowledgment is sent when the session is committed. Default is TRUE.
- Acknowledge Mode: Supports either AUTO_ACKNOWLEDGE or DUPS_OK_ACKNOWLEDGE mode when Transacted Session is set to FALSE.
TIP: To disable the JMS Listener, set the property
"start.component.listener=false" in the Jitterbit Private Agent configuration file