The Jitterbit Harmony API Integration Platform is Jitterbit's modern, multi-tenant, born-in-the-cloud API integration platform that connects Software as a Service (SaaS), on-premises, cloud, and legacy applications.
The Jitterbit Harmony API Integration Platform is powered by Jitterbit's iPaaS capabilities and consists of these components:
- Harmony Agents (Cloud Agents and Private Agents): Harmony Agents do the work at runtime, connecting to various endpoint systems, transforming data, etc. You can use Cloud Agents (serverless agents) and/or Private Agents (formerly known as Local Agents) with one of these deployment models:
- Cloud (Serverless, Full Cloud, Multi-Tenant): On the Jitterbit Harmony cloud, where the system and scale is completely managed by Jitterbit.
- Private (On-Premises, Local): Either an on-premises server or in a public/private cloud, where the system is self-hosted and/or self-managed.
- Hybrid: In a hybrid mode, where selected portions of the system are self-managed and the remainder is fully managed by Jitterbit.
- Harmony API Gateway: Provides security, throttling, and validation of any and every incoming API that users publish via Jitterbit.
- Harmony Backend Services: Include a notification engine, remote Private Agent management, and a number of other backend systems and services.
- Harmony Design Repository: A secure and encrypted, centralized collection of the integration metadata (projects).
- Harmony Messaging Services: Facilitate communication among various Harmony components, providing a reliable method for routing, tracking, and integration retry mechanisms.
- Harmony Transaction Logs: Provide easy debugging capabilities and can be stored for a configurable period of time either locally or on the cloud.
- Harmony Management APIs: Jitterbit's APIs that allow access to all of Harmony's functionality via web service calls.
The Jitterbit Harmony Portal is the web-based interface where you access the Harmony applications:
- API Manager: Jitterbit's API management web interface where you can create and publish developer-friendly APIs and perform full API lifecycle management tasks.
- Citizen Integrator: Jitterbit's click-and-run web application for non-technical users to quickly customize and deploy integrations using pre-built recipes.
- Data Loader: Jitterbit's free data migration tool that enables Salesforce administrators to quickly and easily automate the import and export of data between flat files, databases, and Salesforce.
- Studio: Jitterbit's project design application where you can design, test, and deploy your integration projects. Two versions are available:
- Management Console: Jitterbit's web console where you can manage your integration projects and perform administrative functions related to your organization.
For a graphical depiction and detailed description of Harmony components, refer to the Jitterbit Security and Architecture White Paper.
Quick Start Tutorial
To get started with Jitterbit Harmony:
- If you do not already have an account, request a free Harmony trial.
- Register your account. The registration instructions depend on how you signed up or were invited:
- I signed up for a trial: If you signed up for a free trial, use the link provided within your welcome email or enter the registration code directly into the form to complete the registration process.
- I was invited to an organization: If you were invited by another Jitterbit Harmony user, use the link provided within your welcome email to register your account.
- I was invited to an organization using SSO: If you were invited by another Jitterbit Harmony user to an organization configured for single sign-on, you will already be registered through your Identify Provider.
- Once registered, you are able to log in to the Jitterbit Harmony Portal at https://login.jitterbit.com.
- For next steps, follow the Jitterbit Quick Start Tutorial to invite team members, set up an environment and Agent Group, and create your first project.
For more information for new users, refer to the pages within this topic:
- Getting Support
Running into a unique problem, or need help understanding what to do? Ask the Jitterbit community or submit a support case through the Jitterbit Community portal.
- Getting Training
Enroll in courses and test your knowledge through Jitterbit University, our self-paced online learning system.
- Jitterbit Harmony Portal
After you have logged in to the Harmony Portal, some elements are common across all Harmony applications, such as accessing your account information and changing your password.
- Jitterbit Quick Start Tutorial
If you're ready for hands-on interaction with Harmony, this guide starts you off in the Management Console to set up an environment and then walks you through creating your first project in either Cloud Studio or Design Studio.
- Jitterbit Security
Security information is provided for server admins and operations staff to learn more about how we keep your data safe and secure at Jitterbit.
- Supported Endpoints and Protocols
Jitterbit has connected with hundreds of applications and data sources. We're constantly building connections to new applications, so if you don't see your application listed, just contact us.
- System Requirements
System requirements for all Harmony products in one place. Some of our products are browser-based, but for those that require installation, we provide detailed instructions to get you up and running.
In addition, refer to these resources for help getting started with Jitterbit in general or for information on a specific endpoint:
- Best Practices with Jitterbit
Once you're familiar with Harmony, learn how our own Jitterbit experts are able to introduce best practices into their own integrations.
- Jitterpak Template Library
If you have a simple project or common use case, using a template can be the quickest way to get started. Download a project template from here to get started on a project.
- Video Library
Prefer to watch rather than read? We've got you covered with a variety of training topics and endpoint-specific demos.
Last updated: May 16, 2019