The Jitterbit Harmony API Integration Platform (Harmony) is Jitterbit's modern, multi-tenant, born-in-the-cloud API integration platform that connects Software as a Service (SaaS), on-premises, cloud, and legacy applications.
Harmony is powered by Jitterbit's iPaaS capabilities and consists of these components:
- Harmony Agents (Cloud Agents and Private Agents): Harmony Agents do the work at runtime, connecting to various endpoint systems, transforming data, etc. You can use Cloud Agents (serverless agents) and/or Private Agents (formerly known as Local Agents) with one of these deployment models:
- Cloud (Serverless, Full Cloud, Multi-Tenant): On the Jitterbit Harmony cloud, where the system and scale is completely managed by Jitterbit.
- Private (On-Premises, Local): Either an on-premises server or in a public/private cloud, where the system is self-hosted and/or self-managed.
- Hybrid: In a hybrid mode, where selected portions of the system are self-managed and the remainder is fully managed by Jitterbit.
- Harmony API Gateway: Provides security, throttling, and validation of any and every incoming API that users publish via Jitterbit.
- Harmony Backend Services: Include a notification engine, remote Private Agent management, and a number of other backend systems and services.
- Harmony Design Repository: A secure and encrypted, centralized collection of the integration projects.
- Harmony Messaging Services: Facilitate communication among various Harmony components, providing a reliable method for routing, tracking, and integration retry mechanisms.
- Harmony Transaction Logs: Provide easy debugging capabilities and can be stored for a configurable period of time either locally or on the cloud.
The Jitterbit Harmony Portal is the web-based interface where you access the Harmony applications:
- Studio: Jitterbit's project design application where you can design, test, and deploy your integration projects. Two versions are available:
- API Manager: Jitterbit's API management web interface where you can create and publish developer-friendly APIs and perform full API lifecycle management tasks.
- Marketplace: Jitterbit's resource for searching and retrieving Cloud Studio integration recipes and process templates to help you quickly create new Cloud Studio projects.
- Management Console: Jitterbit's web console where you can manage your integration projects and perform administrative functions related to your organization.
- Citizen Integrator: Jitterbit's click-and-run web application for non-technical users to quickly customize and deploy Design Studio integrations using pre-built Citizen Integrator recipes.
- Data Loader: Jitterbit's free data migration tool that enables Salesforce administrators to quickly and easily automate the import and export of data between flat files, databases, and Salesforce.
For a graphical depiction and detailed description of Harmony components, refer to the Jitterbit Security and Architecture White Paper.
Creating and Registering a Jitterbit Harmony Account
To get started with Jitterbit Harmony you will need to create and register an account:
- Request a free Harmony trial.
- Register your account. The registration instructions depend on how you signed up or were invited:
- I signed up for a trial: If you signed up for a free trial, a Jitterbit sales representative will approve your request and send you a welcome email with further instructions. Use the link provided in that welcome email to complete the registration process.
- I was invited to an organization: If you were invited by another Jitterbit Harmony user, use the link provided within your welcome email to register your account.
- I was invited to an organization using SSO: If you were invited by another Jitterbit Harmony user to an organization configured for single sign-on, you will already be registered through your Identity Provider.
- Once registered, you are able to log in to the Jitterbit Harmony Portal at https://login.jitterbit.com.
If you are an administrator (user with Admin permission), follow the Jitterbit Admin Quick Start Tutorial to set up an environment, agents and Agent Groups, and invite team members to your organization.
For more information for new users, refer to the pages within this topic:
- Getting Support
Running into a unique problem, or need help understanding what to do? Ask the Jitterbit community or submit a support case through the Jitterbit Community portal.
- Getting Training
Enroll in courses and test your knowledge through Jitterbit University, our self-paced online learning system.
- Jitterbit Harmony Portal
After you have logged in to the Harmony Portal, some elements are common across all Harmony applications, such as accessing your account information and changing your password.
- Jitterbit Admin Quick Start Tutorial
If you're ready for hands-on interaction with Harmony, this guide starts you off in the Management Console to set up an environment and then walks you through creating your first project in either Cloud Studio or Design Studio.
- Jitterbit Security
Security information is provided for server admins and operations staff to learn more about how we keep your data safe and secure at Jitterbit.
- Supported Endpoints and Protocols
Jitterbit has connected with hundreds of applications and data sources. We're constantly building connections to new applications, so if you don't see your application listed, just contact us.
- System Requirements
System requirements for all Harmony products in one place. Some of our products are browser-based, but for those that require installation, we provide detailed instructions to get you up and running.
In addition, refer to these resources for help getting started with Jitterbit in general or for information on a specific endpoint:
- Best Practices with Jitterbit
Once you're familiar with Harmony, learn how our own Jitterbit experts are able to introduce best practices into their own integrations.
- Jitterpak Library
If you have a simple project or common use case, using an example can be the quickest way to begin. Download a Jitterpak example from here to get started on a project.
- Video Library
Prefer to watch rather than read? We've got you covered with a variety of training topics and endpoint-specific demos.