You may want to export a Cloud Studio project to use as a local backup or archive, or to share a copy of the project outside of your organization. Cloud Studio project exports are in the format of a JSON file. Once you have a JSON project export, it can be imported into any organization.
Exporting a Project
The Export or Export Project options are accessible from these locations:
- The project index (see Card View or List View in Project Index).
- The project toolbar (see Project Actions Menu in Project Toolbar).
On selecting Export or Export Project, the project export screen opens, where you choose the export options and generate the project as a JSON file:
Include Credentials: Includes in the exported project credentials such as usernames, security tokens, and passwords specified directly within project component configurations. When credentials are included in a project export, their values are hidden or encrypted.NOTE: If a project variable is used in a credentials field, the exporting of its value is unaffected by this option. Instead, see the Include Project Variable Values option below.
- Include Email Notifications: Includes email notifications in the exported project. This option applies to all email notifications in a project, regardless of whether they are configured with operation actions to run on success, failure, or SOAP fault or if they are referenced in a script.
- Include Project Variable Values: Includes project variable default values in the exported project.
- Include Schedules: Includes operation schedules in the exported project.
Export: Generates and downloads the project as a JSON file. By default, the JSON file name uses the name of the project.NOTE: An exported project does not retain the project history.
Importing a Project
To begin the import process, from the project index, click Import to get started:
On the next screen, you import the project:
Project File: Use the Browse button to browse to a project JSON file that has been exported from Cloud Studio.
TIP: If the project uses any custom connectors, they must exist in the organization prior to importing the project. To export a Connector Builder connector and import it in another organization, see Connector Builder Exports and Imports. To install a Connector SDK connector in another organization, see Implementing a Harmony Connector.
On selecting a file, these fields become available:
Project Name: The project name is prepopulated from the JSON file. To use a different name, you can edit it here. The project name must meet these criteria:
Be unique for each environment.
Cannot already be in use as a Design Studio project name in the same environment.
- Organization: Use the dropdown to select the organization that you want to import the project to. If you have only one organization, it is selected by default.
- Environment: Use the dropdown to select the environment you want to import the project into.
Include Email Notifications: By default, if email notifications were included as part of the project when it was exported, they are included when the project is imported. This option applies to all email notifications in a project, regardless of whether they are configured with operation actions to run on success, failure, or SOAP fault or if they are referenced in a script. To exclude email notifications from being imported, clear the checkbox.CAUTION: References to an email notification component in a script are not removed even if email notifications are excluded, so you may need to correct any broken references after excluding emails.
- Include Schedules: By default, if operation schedules were included as part of the project when it was exported, they are included when the project is imported. To exclude schedules from being imported, clear the checkbox.
- Import: Click to import the project. If the project was successfully imported, the imported project opens on the design canvas. In addition, the new project is available from the project index.
After the project is imported, it is not yet deployed. When you are ready to deploy, see Project Deployment.