The API connector for Jitterbit Harmony Cloud Studio has a preconfigured API connection that provides the foundation to configure associated API connector activities that interact with the connection. Together, an API connection and its activities are referred to as an API endpoint.
This connector is intended to be used in conjunction with a Jitterbit Custom API (configured through API Manager) to expose an operation or set of operations as a consumable REST endpoint. When an operation is triggered by a Jitterbit Custom API, you might need to receive data from or return data to the calling application.
This connector has a preconfigured API connection that is used to configure one or more API activities associated with that connection as a source or target within an operation:
- API Request or Response: Configured using a JSON, XML, CSV, or XSD schema.
- API Request: Receives data from an API endpoint and is intended to be used as a source in an operation.
- API Response: Returns data to an API endpoint and is intended to be used as a target in an operation.
- API SOAP Request or Response: Configured using a WSDL schema.
- API SOAP Request: Receives data from an API endpoint and is intended to be used as a source in an operation.
- API SOAP Response: Returns data to an API endpoint and is intended to be used as a target in an operation.
Accessing the Connector
Activities associated with the preconfigured API connection are accessed from the Connectivity tab of the design component palette. Use the Show dropdown to filter on Endpoints and then click the preconfigured API connection block:
API Jitterbit Variables
Certain Jitterbit variables are provided specifically for use with API endpoints, including:
For details on using these variables, see API Jitterbit Variables.
- No labels